Wednesday 13 June 2012

GMail experience is too slow

Some time ago, I posted about the "Google" experience, where I mentioned about ease of use and speed being essential aspects of our regular usage of Google products and how Google [in my opinion] is doing it wrong by moving away from these key aspects. Here is one more incident. For the past two days, I have seen the following page a number of times.
It never happened to me before and I have been using GMail since the beginning of GMail itself. When I finally logged in successfully, I wanted to clear out my trash as it was huge. While it was deleting, it showed me the following lightbox.

It took more than 3 hours to complete the deletion of trash. I know that my trash is huge; but the time it took is way more. Overall GMail experience for me has slowed down considerably. When I create or update a filter, it takes at least 3 minutes to get back. People initially switched to Google because of its ease of use and speed; but now Google is gradually losing on those key aspects.

No comments: